A festival unlike any other! Picnicking, Captivating Programming with a world class Orchestra, including music coupled with Acrobatic circus performers and Audience Participation. Pre-show activities begin at Noon when gates open for individuals, couples and families, including Strolling Entertainers, workshops and more!
Activities begin when the gate opens at and find their finale just before the Main Event. Pre-show festivities will include:
- Picnicking – pack your blanket and lunch or buy it from on-site vendors
- Beer and wine garden
- Jugglers, Clowns, Strolling Minstrels and more
- Acrobatic and Circus Workshops
- Drum Ride
- Didgeridoo lessons for kids and adults alike
- Violin Workshop for Czardas recital (see Main Event, below)
- The Dixieland Jazz Buzzards mark the picnic finale!
- Bring your fiddle! We’re having a Mass fiddle/violin/Gypsy participation of Vittorio Monti’s Czardas (watch the whole YouTube video – it gets energetic) with orchestra, open to all ages and abilities
- Pastoral/Americana musical selections that specifically evoke Vermont
- Beethoven’s Pastoral meets Tropical Storm Irene and offers “Happy and Grateful Feelings After the Storm,” in an inspiring symbol of community rebirth
- Spirituals and Blues featuring solo vocalists with orchestra
- Excerpts from Pagliacci integrated with circus and trapeze performances by acrobats from the Nimble Arts – Circus Arts & Productions